Full Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them. Participants should retain a copy for their information.
Promoter: Nestlé Waters UK Ltd 1 City Place, Gatwick, RH6 0PA. no promotional entries should be sent to this address
1. The 2022 TCS London Marathon promotion (“Promotion”) is open to UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 years or over.
2. The promotion excludes employees and their immediate families of Nestlé UK Ltd., it’s Partners, their subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
3. A maximum of one (1) entry only per person is permitted throughout the promotional period. N.B. If a participant adds their personal Instagram details to the official entry form and follows the official Buxton Water Instagram page at @buxtonwater they will receive a second entry in the random selection for a chance to be selected for the final competition judging. All such entries must come from a genuine secure Instagram account. Details for how to complete with the extra Instagram details are provided on the official form.
4. All entries into the promotion must be submitted by the entrant only, who registered interest in the event and completed the entry form as detailed on the Buxton Water webpage. Entries submitted via third parties, agents, organised groups, syndicates, aliases or in bulk are prohibited, and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to judge or award a win where it reasonably suspects that an entry was submitted by such means. Any person trying to circumvent the entry process by any method (e.g., by using multiple names, phones, address or IP) will be disqualified (along with their household and any other associated entries) for the duration of the promotion.
5. By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the win of a place in the TCS London Marathon. The Promoter may require participants to provide proof that they are eligible to enter this promotion. London Marathon terms of entry can be found at buxtonwater.co.uk/events-and-sponsorship/london-marathon-competition-terms.
6. Internet access required.
7. No purchase required to enter the promotion
8. The overall promotion is open from 00:00 on 16.02.2022 to 23:59 on 22.05.2022.
9. Only official entries made during these times and under promotion instructions will be accepted.
10. Entries outside these promotion times, or those entries deemed not to be of suitable standard as detailed in the “content” will not be included in the promotion and will not have an opportunity to win.
11. All valid Entries submitted by an individual, with a second opportunity if they submit their Instagram details as detailed, will be entered into the random selection process to select up to 5,000 entrants for the two-part judging phase.
12. Once selected all valid entries (up to 5,000) will be independently judged to deliver a shortlist of 100. This shortlist of 100 will then be further judged against the same criteria by a judging panel and overseen by an independent third-party judge from the first round of the promotion to ensure compliance to give the final best eight entries.
How to Enter
13. Entrants must submit their Full Name, Email, locational information and their promotion entry (max 300 characters) against the criteria of:
Character & Personality,
Relevance to Buxton’s ‘Don’t Give Up, Rise Up’ values,
via the official entry form on the Buxton website (https://www.buxtonwater.co.uk/events-and-sponsorship).
14. If entrants have an Instagram account, they can follow @buxtonwater and provide their Instagram account handle on the entry form to double their chances of being selected for the judging part of the promotion.
15. Only valid content will be accepted. All entry details and content is subject to verification and interrogation.
16. The Promotion entry submission must be original, created by the entrant and cannot infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. Any entry content found to be copied, doctored, or amended or plagiarized, will be disqualified.
17. Obscene, dangerous, or inappropriate entries will not be accepted. Entrants are solely responsible for the content they provide, and any views highlighted in the content. All genuine, valid moderated content will be entered into the promotion
18. All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the requirements of the brand.
19. Entrants further agree that no content will be submitted that:
- Is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- A risk to personal or public health or safety
- References individuals in the content whose permission has not been granted
- Encourages or advocates any unlawful or unauthorized behaviour or activity or violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- Contains references to Political parties, political messages or demonstrations, blasphemous or religious imagery or any content deemed to incite religious hatred
- Is offensive, obscene, vulgar, or is inappropriate for a public and family friendly forum;
- Contains references to Individuals smoking tobacco, drugs, drinking or appearing to be under the influence of alcohol.
- Is, or may be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, threatening or harassing to any individual or entity;
- Contains reference to any children under the age of 16
- Includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- Contains any computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
- Infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, rights of publicity rights of privacy, moral rights or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights
20. The Promoter and their agents reserve the right, but not the obligation, to
a. Monitor or review the Content submitted.
b. Remove or refuse take forward as an entry any Content submitted that the Promoter deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate or violate any of these Terms and Conditions without giving you notice;
c. Forward any inappropriate content to the necessary authorities
21. The Promoter does not guarantee that participants will have any recourse to edit or delete any content they have submitted. The Promoter has the right to remove or refuse to accept any entry for any reason. Participants acknowledge that they, not The Promoter, are responsible for the contents of their submission. None of the Content that they submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Promoter, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees
22. It is the responsibility of the winners to provide their correct, up-to-date details at the time of acceptance in order for their win to be processed. Neither the Administrator, nor its fulfilment agent, can be held responsible for any winner failing to supply accurate information which affects the win process.
23. Anyone, who in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, is acting in a manner that undermines the operation and integrity of the promotion or in any way that gives an unfair advantage, including false Instagram accounts will be disqualified and any persons seeking to use such information gained will be disqualified
24. This is an online promotion only, there is no postal or telephone application route. All official entries will be strictly monitored by the Promoter
25. The prize is a place with Buxton Water in the 2022 TCS London Marathon event.
Eight (8) winners will have an opportunity to participate in the world famous 2022 TCS London Marathon. 26.2 miles through the streets of London with various iconic landmarks being passed on route. The Marathon is planned to take place on Sunday, 2nd October 2022.
As part of the prize, you will also be invited to a PR event where all winners hopefully will consent to participate in publicity relating to their involvement in the Marathon. A chance to get to know the Buxton team, update yourself and your colleagues on training and pick up tips for the day. The range of PR activities will take place on one day in both York and London, depending on the winner’s location either in July or August. Winners will be contacted nearer the time to co-ordinate the event (a travel and expenses allowance of up to a maximum £100 will be paid to each winner). This promotional marketing activity will include the filming and photoshoot of the winners of this promotion
Winner selection process
26. All genuine valid entries (with a second entry for those who have detailed their Instagram account) will be entered into a random draw selection process to determine up to 5,000 entries that will be taken forward to the judging process.
27. All valid competition entries of the current standard, from the 5,000 selected, will be judged by an independent agency against the stated criteria:
A. Character & Personality,
C. Relevance to Buxton’s ‘Don’t Give Up, Rise Up’ values,
Each of these four categories counts for a quarter of the final score for the entry.
28. During this initial judging and short-listing process valid acceptable entries will be individually scored and ranked. Following this, the top 100 entries ranked by the initial judging process will then be further judged against the same criteria by a judging panel and overseen by an independent judge from the first round of the competition to ensure compliance to give the final best eight entries.
29. All Judging will take place using an independently verified process so that everything can be logged and audited throughout. All those participating in the judging process will have experience in this type of competition judging.
30. All entries will be judged on merit based on the criteria detailed above.
31. The individual agency judging the initial stage will individually score each entry, and these marks will be subsequently ranked across the entries (up to 5,000) to find the top 100 ENTRIES (or tied 100th) to subsequent review at a second stage of judging to determine the final eight winners.
32. Once a shortlist of 100 from the original entries have been established, there will then be dialogue between the second stage judges which will be overseen by an independent adjudicator to establish the top eight.
33. In the event of a tie situation, the highest score from a combination of Creativity and Impact will take precedence to determine the winner.
Claim Process for the prize winners
34. The eight (8) winners will be notified via email no later than the 11.06.2022.
35. The winners will be notified via email and will be required to follow next steps via a secure claim form requesting further details, within two (2) days of being notified that they are a winner to confirm verification against the Terms & Conditions and to meet the necessary deadlines. All reasonable steps will be taken to contact the winner, but if this cannot be achieved within the allotted timescale detailed, or if there is any reason why the winner cannot compete at the event, then the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the win entitlement, withdraw the win and award the win to the entry with the next highest ranked content as awarded by the judging panel.
36. The Promoter will communicate via a secure link a route to allow potential winners to provide the Promoter information securely including address details, contact details, proof of age and proof of address.
37. Winners will be subject to a full verification process and will also have to adhere to the London Marathon’s terms of service as well found at www.buxtonwater.co.uk/events-and-sponsorship.
38. To ensure all winners meet the correct protocols, the Promotor will need to provide the winning participant’s name and email address to the London Marathon which will generate an email for the winning participant. This needs to be actioned within strict timelines. The winners’ email is expected to be received before 01.07.22. The email includes a link which the participant MUST use to complete their entry and provide the London Marathon with all the information they require for event day. It’s important to note that the participant must complete the process before 05.08.22. Providing just name and email address will not be sufficient.
This is the official way of verifying your place in the event. All details should be available via the London Marathon, but if you are having concerns then please get in touch with [email protected], or by telephone on Freephone 0800 00 00 30.
39. The prize of a place in the 2022 TCS London Marathon is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned and will only be awarded directly to the original entrants who have been deemed the top eight judged entries. No alternative prize will be available in whole, or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, when the Promoter reserves the right to offer a suitable alternative of equal or greater value.
40. If fulfilment or any element of this promotion is delayed or affected due to the re-emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic and resulting Government restrictions, all entrants and / or winners affected will be contacted by the Promoter and kept updated of any unavoidable changes to the promotion or win.
41. The entrant will receive no fees in relation to their entry into this promotion. Any and all costs incurred by obtaining time off from work or study to take part in the promotion, training or the Marathon itself will be the sole responsibility of the winners. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for costs incurred. There will be an allowance for attendance at the PR event.
42. The Promoter is not responsible for the acts or default of third-party suppliers but will endeavour to resolve any issues that may arise.
43. The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotion matters.
44. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries (or win claims for that matter) that are lost, damaged or delayed, nor any associated costs to entrants.
45. All winning entrants will be contacted via a genuine email address that is personal, valid and accessible throughout the promotion and will be the email address detailed in the initial registartion. In the event that the specified information is not provided or is incorrect or an alias, correspondence and thus entry opportunities may be considered incomplete and, therefore, the Promoter reserves the right to invalidate any potential entry in these circumstances as it would be considered outside of the planned routes of entry.
46. In the event of an email address becoming inaccessible post initial communication, the Promoter is not able to retrieve and amend any existing entries to a new email address.
47. Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for:
a. Any incorrect or inaccurate centry, or for any faulty, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions.
b. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion.
c. Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet, Instagram, or the microsite, or any combination thereof.
d. Any systems failures on the website
48. Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
49. If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
50. The contents of all entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to use the contents of entry submissions provided by entrants, for editorial, advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law. Each Eligible entrant grants permission for Promoter to use the promotion entry contents of their entry submission for editorial, advertising, marketing and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, without compensation, notification or permission. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content, are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
51. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 calendar days) and to refuse to award the win or withdraw win entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
53. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, or injury suffered by any entrant or associated party as a result of entering the promotion or accepting the win, or whilst taking part in any activity associated with the win, or any injury or damage to the entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the promotion
54. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
55. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the participating country and any disputes as to the meaning of these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the participant’s local courts.