Full Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them. Participants should retain a copy for their information.
Promoter/'we': Nestlé Waters UK Ltd, Nestlé House, Haxby Road, York YO31 8TA. No promotional entries should be sent to this address.
1. The 2024 TCS London Marathon promotion ("Competition") is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 years or over.
2. The Competition excludes employees and their immediate families of Nestlé UK Ltd., it's Partners, their subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with the Competition.
3. Only one completed entry per person is permitted during the promotional period: 04.09.23 to 16.10.23.
4. All entries into the competition must be submitted by the entrant only, who registered interest in the event and completed the entry form as detailed on the Buxton Water webpage. Entries submitted via third parties, agents, organised groups, syndicates, aliases, plagiarized or in bulk are prohibited, and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to judge or award a win in the competition where it reasonably suspects that an entry was submitted by such means. Any person trying to circumvent the entry process by any method (e.g., by using multiple names, phones, address, or IP) will be disqualified (along with their household and any other associated entries) for the duration of the Competition.
5. By entering into the Competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the win of a place in the 2024 TCS London Marathon. The Promoter may require participants to provide proof that they are eligible to enter this Competition. London Marathon terms of entry can be found at https://www.buxtonwater.co.uk/sweat-and-tears/2024-competition/terms.
6. Internet access required.
7. No purchase required to enter the Competition.
8. The Competition has an entry period which is 00:01 on 04.09.23 to 23:59 on 16.10.23.
9. Only official entries made during these times and in line with these Competition instructions will be accepted. Entrants can only enter once.
10. Entries outside these Competition times, or those entries deemed not to be of suitable standard as detailed in the "content" will not be included in the Competition and will not have an opportunity to win.
11. Once selected all valid entries, up to 6,000, will be independently judged to deliver a shortlist of 150 entrants for the competition. This shortlist of 150 will then be further judged against the same criteria by a judging panel and overseen by an independent third-party judge from the first round of the Competition to ensure compliance to give the best fifteen (15) finalists.
How to Enter
12. Entrants, must submit their Full Name, Email, contact telephone number, location information and their competition entry (max 300 characters) against the criteria of:
Character & Personality,
Relevance to Buxton's ‘Sweat & Tears" values,
via the official entry form on the Buxton website
Entrants will also have the opportunity to Opt in to become a BUXTON HERO. By opting in, entrants are expressing their willingness to be filmed and provide video content that documents their motivation for running the London Marathon, their training and race journey, all with the help and support of Buxton. The footage would then be used as part of the Buxton 2024 campaign communications across various media channels.
13. Only valid content from entries received within the stated promotional period will be accepted. All entry details and content is subject to verification and interrogation.
14. The Competition entry submission must be original, created by the entrant and cannot infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. Any entry content found to be copied, doctored, or amended or plagiarized, will be disqualified.
15. Obscene, dangerous, or inappropriate entries will not be accepted. Entrants are solely responsible for the content they provide, and any views highlighted in the content. All genuine, valid moderated content will be entered into the Competition.
16. All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and the requirements of the brand.
17. Entrants further agree that no content will be submitted that:
a. Is known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading.
b. A risk to personal or public health or safety.
c. References individuals in the content whose permission has not been granted.
d. Encourages or advocates any unlawful or unauthorized behaviour or activity or violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
e. Contains references to Political parties, political messages, or demonstrations, blasphemous or religious imagery or any content deemed to incite religious hatred.
f. Is offensive, obscene, vulgar, or is inappropriate for a public and family friendly forum.
g. Contains references to individuals smoking tobacco, drugs, drinking or appearing to be under the influence of alcohol.
h. Is, or may be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, threatening or harassing to any individual or entity.
i. Contains reference to any children under the age of 16.
j. Includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers.
k. Contains any computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
l. Infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, rights of publicity rights of privacy, moral rights or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights.
18. The Promoter and their agents reserve the right, but not the obligation, to
a. Monitor or review the content submitted.
b. Remove or refuse to take forward as an entry any content submitted that the Promoter deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate or violate any of these Terms and Conditions without giving you notice.
c. Forward any inappropriate content to the necessary authorities.
19. The Promoter does not guarantee that participants will have any recourse to edit or delete any content they have submitted. The Promoter has the right to remove or refuse to accept any entry for any reason. Participants acknowledge that they, not The Promoter, are responsible for the contents of their submission. None of the content that they submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Promoter, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party service providers and their respective directors, officers, and employees.
20. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide their correct, up-to-date details at the time of acceptance in order for their win to be processed. Neither the Promoter, nor its fulfilment agent, can be held responsible for any winner failing to supply accurate information which affects the prize process.
21. Anyone, who in the Promoter's absolute discretion, is acting in a manner that undermines the operation and integrity of the Competition or in any way that gives an unfair advantage, will be disqualified and any persons seeking to use such information gained will be disqualified.
22. This is an online Competition only, there is no postal or telephone application route. All official entries will be strictly monitored by the Promoter.
23. The prize is a place with Buxton Water in the 2024 TCS London Marathon event. Fifteen (15) winners will have an opportunity to participate in the world famous 2024 TCS London Marathon consisting of 26.2 miles through the streets of London with various iconic landmarks being passed on route. The Marathon is planned to take place on 21.04.2024.
As part of the prize, the winners will also be invited to a PR event where all winners hopefully will consent to participate in publicity relating to their involvement in the Marathon. This event will also be a chance to meet the Buxton team and share training and pick up tips for the day with fellow winners. The range of PR activities will take place on one day in both York and London, depending on the winner's location on a date to be agreed nearer the time (currently planned between January and April 2024). Winners will be contacted nearer the time to co-ordinate the event (a travel and expenses allowance of up to a maximum £100 will be paid to each winner). This promotional marketing activity will include the filming and photoshoot of the winners of this Competition. See Clause 48 for further details.
One person from the fifteen winners could become a BUXTON HERO if opted in as above and subsequently selected via the same overall judging process.
Winner selection process
24. All genuine valid entries for the Competition will be entered into a random draw selection process to determine up to 6,000 entries that will be taken forward to the judging process.
25. All valid Competition entries of the acceptable standard, from the 6,000, will be judged by an independent agency against the stated criteria:
A. Character & Personality,
C. Relevance to Buxton's ‘‘Sweat & Tears" values,
Each of these four categories counts for a quarter of the final score for the entry.
26. During the initial judging and short-listing process valid acceptable entries will be individually scored and ranked. Following this, the top 150 entries ranked by the initial judging process for the Competition will then be further judged against the same criteria by a judging panel and overseen by an independent judge from the first round of the Competition to ensure compliance to give the final best fifteen (15) entries.
27. All judging will take place using an independently verified process so that everything can be logged and audited throughout. All those participating in the judging process will have experience in this type of Competition judging.
28. All entries will be judged on merit based on the criteria detailed above.
29. The individual agency judging the initial stage will individually score each entry, and all aspects of the entry and these marks will be subsequently ranked across the entries (up to 6,000) to find the top 150 ENTRIES (or tied 150th) for the Competition, to subsequent review at a second stage of judging to determine the final fifteen (15) winners.
30. Once a shortlist of 150 from the original entries has been established, there will then be dialogue between the second stage judges which will be overseen by an independent adjudicator to establish the top fifteen (15) finalists.
31. In the event of a tie situation, the highest score from a combination of Originality and Impact will take precedence to determine the winner.
Claim Process for the prize winners
32. The fifteen (15) winners will be notified via phone no later than the 06.11.23 or 07.11.23.
The winners will be required to follow the next steps via a secure claim form requesting further details, within two (2) days of being notified as a winner to confirm verification against the Terms and Conditions and to meet the necessary deadlines. All reasonable steps will be taken to contact the winner, but if this cannot be achieved within the allotted timescale detailed, or if there is any reason why the winner cannot compete at the event, then the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the win entitlement, withdraw the win and award the win to the entry with the next highest ranked content as awarded by the judging panel in the Competition entry period.
33. The Promoter will communicate via a secure link a route to allow potential winners to provide the Promoter information securely including address details, contact details, proof of age and proof of address.
34. Winners will be subject to a full verification process and will also have to adhere to the London Marathon's terms of service as well found at https://www.tcslondonmarathon.com/enter/how-to-enter/general-conditions-of-entry.
35. To ensure all winners meet the correct protocols, the Promotor will need to provide the winning participant's name and email address to the London Marathon which will generate an email for the winning participant. This needs to be actioned within strict timelines. The email includes a link which the participant MUST use to complete their entry and provide the London Marathon with all the information they require for event day. It is important to note that the participant must complete the process before 18.11.2023. Providing just their name and email address will not be sufficient.
This is the official way of verifying your place in the event. All details should be available via the London Marathon, but if you have any concerns, then please get in touch with email@example.com, or by telephone on Freephone 0800 00 00 30.
36. The prize of a place in the 2024 TCS London Marathon is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned and will only be awarded directly to the original entrants who have been deemed the top fifteen judged entries. No alternative prize will be available in whole, or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, when the Promoter reserves the right to offer a suitable alternative of equal or greater value.
37. A BUXTON HERO, will chosen at random from all of the fifteen winners, or from however many of the judged winners have opted in to be a BUXTON HERO, by an independent verified draw programme. The selected winner will be filmed and requested to provide video content that documents their motivation for running the London Marathon, their training and race journey, all with the help and support of Buxton. The footage would then be used as part of the Buxton 2024 campaign communications across various media channels.
38. The entrant will receive no fees in relation to their entry into this Competition. Any and all costs incurred by obtaining time off from work or study to take part in the competition, training or the Marathon itself will be the sole responsibility of the winners. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for costs incurred. There will be an allowance for attendance at the PR event as detailed above.
39. The Promoter is not responsible for the acts or default of third-party suppliers but will endeavour to resolve any issues that may arise.
40. The Promoter's decision is final with regard to all Competition matters.
41. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries (or win claims for that matter) that are lost, damaged or delayed, nor any associated costs to entrants.
42. All winning entrants will be contacted via a genuine email address that is personal, valid and accessible throughout the competition and will be the email address detailed in the initial registartion. In the event that the specified information is not provided or is incorrect or an alias, correspondence and thus entry opportunities may be considered incomplete and, therefore, the Promoter reserves the right to invalidate any potential entry in these circumstances as it would be considered outside of the planned routes of entry.
43. In the event of an email address becoming inaccessible post initial communication, the Promoter is not able to retrieve and amend any existing entries to a new email address.
44. Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the competition, assume any responsibility or liability for:
a. Any incorrect or inaccurate centry, or for any faulty, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions.
b. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this competition.
c. Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet, the microsite, or any combination thereof.
d. Any systems failures on the website.
45. Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
46. If, for any reason, any aspect of this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the Competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
47. The contents of all entries submitted and any material (including but not limited to photographs or video) arising from the PR event become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to use the contents of entry submissions provided by entrants, for editorial, advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law. Each Eligible entrant grants permission for Promoter to use the competition entry contents of their entry submission for editorial, advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, without compensation, notification or permission. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content, are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
48. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 calendar days) and to refuse to award the win or withdraw win entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the competition and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this competition's entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won using fraudulent means.
50. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
51. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
52. The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the participating country and any disputes as to the meaning of these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the participant's local courts.
Promoter/'we': Nestlé Waters UK Ltd, Nestlé House, Haxby Road, York YO31 8TA